There are two questions that we constantly receive from our users: what is the difference between each order status and what triggers them to change?
To answer the questions, here is a complete list of the order status on DSers and what they mean.
Pending Orders are those for which the payment from your customers has not yet been captured on Shopify
Note: If an order is stuck in Pending whereas your customer paid, you can manually sync the Shopify order status in DSers.
Awaiting orders are those for which the payment from your customers has been captured on Shopify and are waiting to be placed to AliExpress.
You need to place those orders to AliExpress.
Awaiting payment orders are orders that have been successfully placed to AliExpress but not yet paid.
The AliExpress Order Numbers of Awaiting payment orders are already generated. You need to pay those orders on AliExpress.
Awaiting shipment Orders are orders that have been paid on AliExpress but not yet shipped out by your supplier.
The order status will be synced automatically on DSers within 4 hours after you paid it, or after it has been shipped. (Note: you can sync faster with the Ali Order Syncing button)
Awaiting fulfillment orders are orders containing multiple products that have been paid on AliExpress but not all the products of the order have been shipped out by your supplier.
Once all the products have been shipped, the order will be moved to the Fulfilled tab.
Orders that have been shipped out by your AliExpress supplier.
The AliExpress Tracking Number will be synced to DSers within 4 hours (Note: you can sync faster with the Ali Order Syncing button) and then synced to Shopify within 5 minutes.
The Shipping information email will be triggered if you set tracking for your orders on DSers.
Orders that are (partially) Canceled / (partially) Refunded on AliExpress and Shopify will be moved to this tab.
You can bulk order the Canceled orders from AliExpress, but not the ones from Shopify.
Orders with errors or restrictions will be shown here.
Deal with the errors and you can bulk order the Failed orders again.
What happens on DSers?
Read the article below to learn the full process of fulfilling an order from start to finish.
When you fulfill orders with DSers by clicking Order/Place multiple orders
1. You place orders to AliExpress from DSers first, then you will get the AliExpress Order Number automatically.
2. The Tracking Number automatically will be synchronized from AliExpress to DSers (There might be a delay of 6 hours after the tracking number appears on AliExpress).
3. Shopify orders are automatically fulfilled (There might be a delay of 2 hours after the tracking number appears on DSers)
4. Shipping information email is automatically triggered and sent (if you activated the feature)
When you manually fulfill orders BEFORE placing them to AliExpress from DSers
Can be applied to:
-Orders that have been fulfilled on other platforms
-Orders that won’t be submitted with DSers
When you click Fulfill orders manually on DSers:
1. Orders will be moved to the Fulfilled tab without any AliExpress Order Number or Tracking Number
2. It won’t change the order status on Shopify
3. Orders will not be rolled back to Awaiting order status. You can’t place this orders with DSers anymore (contact the customer service if you made a mistake)
4. DSers won’t update the order status, won't fulfill the order on Shopify and won't trigger the shipping confirmation even if you fill in order number and tracking number manually in the orders
When you manually fulfill orders AFTER submitting via DSers
When you click manually fulfill orders after placing orders with DSers:
1. Orders will be moved to the Fulfilled tab
2. You can still see the AliExpress Order Number
3. It won’t change your order status on Shopify
4. DSers won't automatically update the Tracking Number from AliExpress
5. DSers won't automatically fulfill the orders on Shopify and won't sync the Tracking Number
What will happen on DSers to orders fulfilled on Shopify?
1. For orders not submitted on DSers, they will be moved to the Fulfilled tab and can’t be placed again with DSers.
2. For orders manually fulfilled on Shopify, they will be moved to the Fulfilled tab and can’t be placed again with DSers.
3. DSers won't sync the tracking number even if you manually fill it in on DSers